Sunday, February 17, 2008

Finally ran a mile!


Before I had Katelyn I could run a nice 2 miles and feel great. After she was born I could barely run 1/4 mile without being out of breath. Jennie and I had been running in the morning .7 mile for about a week. I was doing great. Then I got sick. :( I was sick for about a week and was unable to run at all. I thought for sure my 'training' had gone down the drain. Well today I went on a run and I was planning on running the same course we always do. Once I got to the last street I had 2 options, go straight through one more block and be home or head left and go away from my house to add an additional .3 mile to my run. Well I went left. I was able to run all but 2 blocks of my entire run. I feel so great about it. I hope to get out again tomorrow if weather permits.

I've lost another 2 lbs. YAY! I have not really been dieting but more watching what I eat. I try and eat fruits and veggies and watch my portions. It's really helped me. It is also motiviation that my good friend Dani has lost like 10 lbs in 3 wks and had a baby 2 months after I did. Thanks Dani for the motiviation!! :)

2 comments:

Dani said...

this cracked me up... foggy bottoms is in 3 weeks if you're still interested... by the way it's now 13 pounds :) Yay! I'm officially in my size 8's! Keep staying motivated, it's hard, but so worth it! We need to run again soon and for a long time :)

Misty said...

okay women....help me out. Ive been working out atleast 4 days a week at the gym, the only thing i seem to be losing is my butt..hahaha no pounds are coming offf....help me!!! What is the secret? Im thinking about working out when they open and then again at night when i get home from work, I think thats the only way its gonna happen