Monday, September 10, 2012

Couponing Post

I went couponing this morning after I dropped Dylan off at childcare and before I went to work. I had written out everything in my handy dandy couponing notebook, clearly marked the quantities and which coupon(s) to use and also brought my coupon binder along with me just in case! I was in and out of Safeway in 45 minutes which is about normal.
Here is what I walked away with:

2 avocados
3 yellow onion
1 bunch of cilantro
2 green bell peppers
1 lime
1 jalapeno
4.03 lbs bananas
4 red roma tomatoes
1, 10 ct flour tortillas
4 cups shredded cheese
1 lb sliced mozzarella cheese
2 cups parmesan cheese
24 count eggs
17 various Yoplait yogurts
4 various Tillamook yogurts
2 pkgs lasagna noodles
1 jar Skippy peanut butter
32 oz cottage cheese
32 oz sour cream
2 4-count boxes drumstick ice creams
2 packages bacon
4 packages sausage
1 $50 itunes gift card
Total paid: $99.78 for $171.53 in product (42% savings)

I think I did pretty well considering Safeway has always been the 'expensive store' however I've learned that if you wait for the sale, pair up the item(s) with coupons and J4U deals, you can actually score big. 

And there my friends is my first post in MONTHS. I'm hoping it's the first of many to come about couponing, scrapping, kids, family and life.

No comments: